Hi guys, you are supposed to know these suggestions which can help you when you’re starting your PC. They are …
1. Make sure you have everything you need before you start,
2. RTFM (Read The Fine Manuals),
3. Download the latest driver,
4. Ground yourself before touching components,
Static electricity can damage components. You had better wear special antistatic wrist strap and similar devices before you touch any sensitive components.
5. Keep track of the screws and other small parts,
The goal is to have all of the small parts accounted for when you finish assembling the PC. Don’t miss your small tools…it can do damages on your PC.
6. Use force when necessary, but use it cautiously,
Sometimes, good advice need to be forced judiciously while you are assembling it as far as it goes. Although, many books tell you never to force anything. That happens in the building of a PC.
7. Check and recheck before you apply power,
this step is the most important of the whole project. You had never better underestimate and even ignore this step. Until you gain experience, it might take several minutes to verify that all is as it should be – all component secure, cables connected properly, no tools or other metal parts shorting anything out, and so on.
8. Start small for the first boot,
The moment of greatest danger comes when you power up the PC for the first time. The suggestion is to start with a minimum configuration – motherboard, processor, one memory stick, video, and one hard drive.Once you’re SATISFIED that all is well, you can add your another devices.
9. Leave the cover off until you’re sure everything works.
Experts build and test the PC completely before putting the lid back on and connecting the external cables. Novices build the PC, reassemble the case, reconnect all the cables, and then test it.
Reference : The book of building the perfect PC by Robert and Barbara.